Jason Nitschke, SBDC Regional Director
Jason Nitschke joined the Small Business Development Center hosted by the Great Falls Development Authority in October 2014. Jason returns to his hometown from the State of Illinois Department of Central Management where he served as an analyst in the Bureau of Benefits. Prior to his time in the Land of Lincoln, Jason spent 16 years as a professional journalist in Salt Lake City, Denver, Honolulu, Twin Falls, ID and Springfield, IL He also worked as the Sports Director at KFBB/KHBB-TV in Great Falls/Helena from 2004-2011. In addition, Jason has operated two small businesses. The first was as sole proprietor of JNitschke Photography in Denver. The second was as owner of Carondelet Estate Services, LLC in St. Louis. Jason is a 1997 graduate of the University of Montana-Missoula School of Journalism. He earned a master's degree in communication from Hawaii Pacific University-Honolulu in 2002. As the Small Business Development Center Director in Great Falls, Jason counsels entrepreneurs throughout the Sweetgrass Region in the start-up and growth process. He also works with existing businesses to maximize their market share and profit margins.
Jason's areas of expertise include: financial analysis, loan packaging assistance, communications, branding, business planning, and purchase psychology.
- Growth Wheel Certified
- National Development Council Economic Development Finance Professional
- Association of Accredited Small Business Consultants Certified
Trainings Provided at Center:
- The LaunchPoint (monthly business strategies/pre-business class)
- Boots to Business (at Malmstrom Air Force Base for transitioning service members)
- Entrepreneurial Spirit (open house resource event with local, state and federal programs)
- Websites for Small Business
- Networking with Purpose
- The Fire Within, GFDA's women in business awards are held every March